CasualGFX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Attempt at a "Light" Signature. CnC Please.

5 posters

Go down

First Attempt at a "Light" Signature. CnC Please. Empty First Attempt at a "Light" Signature. CnC Please.

Post by Wanderlust Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:07 pm

I was pretty impressed with how the background came out... it was really pretty xD 

First Attempt at a "Light" Signature. CnC Please. ZE6gVGM

Used a smudge of an anime render, 4 C4Ds, and some light changing/layer mode changing.

This is how it came out, couldn't find a good render, but it looked alright.

First Attempt at a "Light" Signature. CnC Please. Uca501U

CnC Please :3
Wanderlust
Wanderlust

Back to top Go down

First Attempt at a "Light" Signature. CnC Please. Empty Re: First Attempt at a "Light" Signature. CnC Please.

Post by Anne Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:26 pm

You should've used less shading behind the font, maybe an outline instead, over-shading the render/font makes it look shabby and simple.

The colors and background are nice, I never work with C4D's.

Overall pretty good, but I would edit those two things. :3
Anne
Anne
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

First Attempt at a "Light" Signature. CnC Please. Empty Re: First Attempt at a "Light" Signature. CnC Please.

Post by Wanderlust Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:40 pm

Okie dokie, let me try the outline. Are you talking about stroking it? (Wow that sounds sexual...)
Wanderlust
Wanderlust

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:57 pm

An outline or a stronger colour that adds definition will work, white letters on a very light sig don't work very well.
Anne
Anne
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wanderlust Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:17 pm

Do you have any suggestions on what color I should change the type to? Or the outline? 

Sorry about my questions xD I usually have trouble on the color scheme of things....
Wanderlust
Wanderlust

Back to top Go down

Post by Speechless Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:22 pm

Try making the text a nice purple, like the color of her skirt, and lower the opacity of the Drop Shadow by a few bits. Other than that, lovely c4d work and flow of colors.~ c:
Speechless
Speechless
Admin
Admin

http://deschu.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Orange Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:06 am

The background looks amazing, you can work around it in different ways.
The first thing I noticed with your tag, is that the placement is off. I'm not sure if you're aware of 'the rule of the Third', but it basically helps you perfect your placement for your render, text and sub-texts. It's your tag with 2 vertical lines and 2 horizontal lines.

First Attempt at a "Light" Signature. CnC Please. CWGSVrT

If you line up the face/back of the render with the left line, and the text with the bottom line you'll see how the placement seems better already.

how to make a rule of the Third grid in Photoshop?
(assuming you use Photoshop), press CTRL+K, this opens your preferences. (command+K for Apple computers) Click on Guides, Grid & Slices from the list on the left and change the settings for the Grid section as follows: Gridline every 100 percent, Subdivisions 3, and click OK. You can turn this on and off on every tag you make by pressing CTRL+" (apostrophe). Make sure you choose a colour that distingueses from the other colours on your tag, I used green.

I'm not a fan of light tags, but you've done a good job! KIU! c:
Orange
Orange
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wanderlust Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:45 am

Oh wow that's so helpful! 

So should I have the face at the left line as well as the name (assuming you're calling that the tag maybe?)
Wanderlust
Wanderlust

Back to top Go down

Post by Orange Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:57 am

Wanderlust wrote:Oh wow that's so helpful! 

So should I have the face at the left line as well as the name (assuming you're calling that the tag maybe?)
Try a couple compilations, make sure the vocal points are there where the lines cross. Smile
With 'tag' I mean your signature, yep.
Orange
Orange
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wanderlust Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:02 pm

Okie so I should make whatever the focal point is, have the main part of the picture and the tag on the same line? Or does it work as long as they're on a line? (I think my friend told me about this once but didn't explain it too well.)
Wanderlust
Wanderlust

Back to top Go down

Post by Orange Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:11 pm

Code:
Wanderlust wrote:Okie so I should make whatever the focal point is, have the main part of the picture and the tag on the same line? Or does it work as long as they're on a line? (I think my friend told me about this once but didn't explain it too well.)
They don't have to be on the same line, I'll show you a tag I made using this rule.

First Attempt at a "Light" Signature. CnC Please. Wvt

As you can see the text is placed around the line (close to the render) and the render is placed with the backs of the render in the middle. The hands here are placed in a vocal point aswell, (where the lines cross).

Check out this link to see the rule of the Third applied on photos. http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/rule-of-thirds.htm
Orange
Orange
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Syranth Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:18 am

Maybe if you were to use a few blending effects on the render to make it one with the bg a bit, without losing depth it would make this sig look that much better imo

I like the font idea, cursive fits this style very well and the W's effects look amazing! But I just believe the font is a bit too "fine". It's giving off that grungy feeling that you don't want on this signature.
Syranth
Syranth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down